This info will be super helpful for all of our Rapunzel babes!
Halloween is here, and if you're wondering how to apply your wig when you have long hair, you're in the right place. So don't worry, you won't miss out on all the fun.
Use these methods to put your long hair into a wig cap & enjoy your stylish look. You can also take our Wig 101 course for more tips & tricks.
The Twisted Method
INH Babe wearing Yoyo.
We created this super useful tutorial on how to apply a wig.
1. The only thing that would be different for long-haired babes is that you have to take each hair twist around your head 2 or even 3 times. But other than that, it's pretty much the same.
2. You can use our powerful pomade if your bobby pins need extra grip.
The Low Bun
@heynuraaa Replying to @natbishop8 @INSERT NAME HERE ♬ party in the usa - senia
1. Do a low loose bun or tie your hair into a low ponytail and make it tight but comfortable enough for you to wear your wig for a long time.
2. Then, pull your ponytail over, and flat against your head until it almost touches your forehead.
4. Stretch your cap until your forehead and make sure it isn't lumpy.
If it is, you can adjust it again or gently massage your hair under the cap.
5. Finally, apply your wig cap & your wig!
The Braid Method
@karlawithakay_ Reply to @ambarrabma_ 🤭😱 different wig try on - no bangs 🤭check out @INSERT NAME HERE for their early black fri deals!😍 #fypシ #haircut #gifted ♬ Do It To It - ACRAZE
This is one of the best techniques when struggling with putting on a wig cap with long hair.
1. Start by dividing your hair into two sections and do two braids for each side.
2. You can opt for basic braids or french braids, whatever works for you, babe.
3. Next, wrap your braids around your scalp and secure them with bb pins if necessary.
4. Put on your wig cap & your wig.
5. Once your wig is secure, feel free to style it!
More Effective Tips to Wear a Wig with Long Hair
Now that we have solved the question of "can you wear a wig with long hair?" you maybe wanna master your craft, so here are a few more tips from a recent Wig Try On Facebook live we had in the INH Babes Group with Chelsea Costanzo:
- If you have super long hair & you want your hair to feel more secure, use a wig cap band as a base, then a regular wig cap, and finally, an anti-slip silicone grip wig band.
- Chelsea’s recommendation was to trim the top of a wig cap down until it has the perfect wig band shape. Use it to tame flyaways!
- Do you have long hair and bangs? You can take a hair straightener to flatten down your bangs and pin them. Use Quick Slick for extra hold.
- Prevent lumps on your wig cap using the braid method by doing looser braids.
In conclusion, getting different hairstyles for long hair is not complicated & you don't have to cut your hair to achieve them. You just need other wigs!