Class is in session! Today, our focus will be on wigs and everything you need to know about them. Wig application, how to style your wig, and of course our best tips & tricks...We'll cover them all.
Let's get started!
What makes Insert Name Here wigs the best?
Our proprietary INFINI-FLEX™ technology is created with human hair features for the most realistic vegan hair extensions. Almost impossible to differentiate from human hair, our wigs feel super soft, blend easily & helps the appearance of “healthy” looking hair.
Our wigs give you a camera ready transformation (plus, they’re super quick and easy to apply)! INSERT NAME HERE wigs are also pre-styled, precut, and hand-tied with natural rooted parting and wispy bangs for realistic hairlines- which means that once you apply her, she's ready to go.
Plus, with the proper maintenance, our hair pieces will last a really long time! (Fun fact: our founders still wear the first wigs we launched!)
With every wig, you’ll receive:
- 2 nylon hair nets
- 1 reusable satin storage bag to preserve & protect your INSERT NAME HERE hair!
How to Apply Wigs:
We get it. Wigs can be intimidating, especially if it’s your first time wearing one. That’s why we’re here to break it down.
Preparing your hair for your wig:
1. Start by brushing your hair to get rid of any tangles and make your hair as flat as possible. Then divide your hair into 2 sections.
2. Take one section & twist it as tightly as possible. Do this by turning your hair in between your thumb and pointer fingers until completely twisted. Take the end of the twisted strand, wrap it around the back of your head, and bobby pin it in place. Repeat this for the other strand, making an “x” shape on the back of your head.
3. Once all of your hair is up, you are now ready to put on your wig cap.
Note: While this our preferred way to prep your hair for a wig, feel free to use a different method if you wish!
Pro Tip: If your wig has a lace front, trim the lace with scissors before applying. If you want to use adhesive, cut the lace at least 1 cm away from the hairline. If you are not going to use adhesive, cut directly next to the hairline.
1. Put your wig cap on behind your ears and leave it about an inch back from your hairline. If any hair is sticking out, use your hands to tuck it in the cap so you have a smooth base.
2. Then put the wig on your head by placing your hands inside (where your ears would go) and prop her down, securing the clips inside the wig cap. We recommend lining up your natural part with the wig part, and pulling down on the bottom of the wig to secure her in place.
Pro Tip: All of our wigs are adjustable! Inside the wig cap, you can adjust the velcro and make your own custom fit to match your head size and shape.
Can I put on a wig without a wig cap?
While you can wear a wig without a wig cap, we recommend using one because they serve as a protective barrier between your scalp and the wig. They also work to ensure your wig stays on throughout the day. If you’re looking for an alternative to a wig cap, you can always create your own using a stocking!
If you’re nervous about seeing your natural hairline, we’ve got the solution for you. Any of our wigs with bangs (such as our Henny Wig) are ideal for beginners, as they combine some of the most popular hairstyles (layers, bangs, curls) and naturally cover your hairline.
How to Style A Wig:
There are endless ways to rock our wigs. Here are some of our favorites!
Our wigs come pre-styled, so you’ll always be photo-ready!
Sleek and Straight
Some people prefer their wigs straightened, but remember! Heat styling your wig will permanently get rid of her original texture.
Pair your wigs with your favorite hair accessories like some cute hair clips or pins for a unique look.
Create a beautiful hairstyle with baby braids, french braids, fishtails and more!
Depending on the length of your wig, you can style her with ponytails or space buns!
Scarf it up
Heads up with Headbands
Heat Styling Tips:
Our wigs are heat resistant up to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep in mind that our wigs are pre-styled, and heat styling them will remove their original textures. Use the Safety Kit to extend the life of your hair and protect from heat damage. Do NOT use hot tools or near the lace cap. Style hair 2 to 3 inches away from the roots.
Curling - When you curl vegan fibers, hold the curls in your palms for about 30 seconds to cool before you let it fall. This “cooling period” will help keep the shape for a long-lasting curl!
Straightening - Take small sections of hair and run Insert Sleek Hair Here down swiftly until you get your desired look. Remember: Swiftly not slowly.
Get creative! There are so many ways to rock a wig, so tag us in your best looks on Instagram @insertnamehere.
Maintenance is important! Here’s how to ensure the longevity of your hair pieces.
- Brush before and after each wear with the INH Brush and Emergency Revival Spray (save 10% with the Sidekicks bundle!).
- Wash your Insert Name Here hair pieces occasionally to maintain their luster.
- We don’t recommend frequently washing your hair pieces. Just wash them when you need to!
- Store using the super cute reusable satin pouch that comes with every purchase! It helps prevent tangles and extends the life of your hair.
Spray Emergency Revival Spray throughout the fibers. Lay your hair flat on a table, and hold the hair in sections to brush out any tangles. Starting at the ends, then mid section, and finally, up to the base. If you brush from top to bottom, the fibers can "stretch”, causing tangles and breakage, just like split ends on your real hair. Brush with the INH Brush before and after each wear. Do not brush tightly curled wigs; instead, brush through with fingers, or a wide tooth comb to loosen any tangles. Store neatly in the provided storage bag to prevent tangles when not in use.
Yes, you can wash your wigs! Here’s how:
1. To start, brush and detangle your ponytail with the INH Brush and Emergency Revival Spray (save 10% with the Sidekicks bundle!).Flip the wig inside out and immerse her in the water. Gently swirl and let her soak for about 5 minutes. Swirl the wig in the water gently.
Pro Tip: Do NOT rub or scrub the cap area or the hand tied lace front areas! Gently soak, swirl and squeeze.
2. After shampooing, place the wig under cold running water to rinse off excess shampoo. Lightly apply conditioner mid to ends and let it soak into the fibers. Then, rinse the conditioner in cold running water. Do not twist, rub or squeeze water off. Pat the hair until the excess water is gone and air dry completely. We recommend hanging your wigs on Insert Name Here Hanger for faster drying.
3. After she has fully dried, apply Super Shine Serum for a fresh, revived and soft finish.
WARNING: Do NOT blow dry your wigs! Doing so may result in damage to your wig (nobody wants damaged hair). Air dry your hair for best results.
IMPORTANT: Our wigs have a hand-tied natural part. This means that when drying the hair after shampoo, you must not flatten the hand tied natural parting areas. Fluff up the parting area to get an uplifted natural root look.
And that concludes Wigs 101! You’re now on your way to becoming a wig expert.
We want to see your style! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @insertnamehere and use the hashtag #INHBabe to show us your creative looks.
From cosplaying to everyday wear, INSERT NAME HERE wigs are the perfect way to express yourself.
I wash my Ellen Wille wigs in gentle Woolite and use Ultra Gentle Downey fabric softener as a conditioner. It works great. Can I use these products on my ponytail.