It’s time for another hair class! Today we’ll be covering Zooey, our 100% Remy human hair clip-in bangs. Let’s get into it!
What makes Zooey bangs the best?
Our Zooey bangs are made with 100% Remy human hair, which is the highest quality of hair on the market. All of our Remy human hair is ethically sourced. We exclusively work with distributors who have been vetted and verified to operate ethical and sustainable practices. Here are some of the reasons we love Remy human hair:
Coloring: Remy human hair can be dyed dark if you have a lighter shade of clip-in bangs. You can also use color conditioners on Zooey to deposit temporary color pigments. Try Insert Color Here to achieve a bold, colorful look!
Versatility: Curl them, wave them, or straighten them! You can use your favorite hot tools on Remy hair, just as you would on your own natural hair so that you are able to create multiple looks.
Longevity: They’re investment pieces that are expected to last, as long as they’re well taken care of.
Every Zooey comes in a cute reusable storage box to keep her safe and dust-free!
How to Apply Zooey Bangs
Zooey is super quick and easy to apply. Let’s break down the steps.
1. Style her!
A. Once you receive Zooey, style her ASAP. She may be slightly flattened in the package during transit, so you might have to ruffle her up a bit or heat style her to look more natural. Try fluffing lightly with a brush or using your fingers!
Pro Tip: You may trim her to your desired length. We recommend taking her to your stylist to do so!
2. Create a middle part
A. This is a crucial part of the application process because we need to make sure your hair is evenly distributed and sitting flat against your head.
3. Open clips and line them up
A.Make sure to open all three clips and then line Zooey up to where you want them to fall along your brow bone. Keep the back clip aligned with your part, then secure the two side clips. Lastly, secure the back clip and you’re done!
Ways to Style
Zooey goes with so many styles! Here are some of our favorites.
Sleek and Straight
Zooey adds just the right amount of face fringe to an everyday sleek, straight look.
She’s so retro. Style your bangs away from the center of your face to create a curtain bang effect! This feathery, fringe style is super 70s, and it’s definitely making a comeback!
Sweep Zooey to the side for a cute side bang look.
Pair Zooey with a messy bun! We recommend Sammy for the ultimate big bun energy.
Long & Wavy
Zooey is heat resistant up to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. But remember to always spray heat protectant to keep the integrity of the hair.
Zooey Bangs Aftercare
We all want to keep our hair looking perfect for as long as possible. Here are some tips and tricks on how to care for your Zooey bangs:
- Brush before and after each wear.
- Wash your bangs occasionally when you feel that there is residue buildup on them.
- We recommend washing them only when needed. Remember, human hair clip-in bangs are different from your natural hair. Therefore, they are not able to absorb natural oils from your scalp. So washing them too frequently will wash away any moisture left in the hair strands.
- Store using the super cute reusable box that comes with every purchase! It helps prevent tangles and extends the life of your hair.
Lightly spray detangling spray or leave-in conditioner to smooth out any tangles. Do not hold the bangs in one hand and brush from top to bottom. This will cause tension and breakage. Instead, lay the hair flat on a table and gently brush starting at the ends, moving up in small sections towards the base. Brush before and after each wear. Store neatly in the provided storage box to prevent tangles when not in use.
We recommend using gentle sulfate-free shampoos on your Zooey bangs. Always use moisturizing or nourishing conditioners after washing to keep the hair soft and healthy.
- To start, make sure to brush and detangle your bangs.
- Hold the clip area in one hand under running lukewarm water until fully soaked.
- Then with your other hand, saturate the wet hair with sulfate-free shampoo. Lather the hair gently up and down including the weft area using soft rolling motions with your fingers for 3 to 4 minutes, or until clean. Be gentle, as you would with your own hair. DO NOT RUB OR BALL UP.
- Rinse the shampoo under running lukewarm water.
- Use a good moisturizing conditioner from top to bottom. Saturate the conditioner by gently brushing the hair with your fingers. Rinse under running lukewarm water.
- Squeeze excess water from top to bottom. DO NOT PULL OR TWIST.
- Lay Zooey down on a dry towel. Use a comb to gently brush her. Lay flat to air dry. Refrain from using a blow dryer as extensive heat may damage the hair cuticles (just like your own hair!)
- After she has fully dried, lightly spray a leave-in conditioner and brush the hair again. Apply a light serum to the hair for a fresh, revived and soft finish.
Pro Tip: We do not recommend using oils on Remy hair as it will weigh down the product and leave excessive residue. It may even cause discoloration. Avoid hair products that contain alcohol as it may dry out the hair.
WARNING: Do NOT blow dry your Zooey bangs! Doing so may result in damage to your locks (and we hate damaged hair). Air dry your hair for best results.
If you’re in a rush and you must blow dry your bangs, please follow these steps to ensure your locks stay fabulous.
- Wrap the hair with a dry towel, continuously squeeze the hair up and down until there is no water dripping. DO NOT RUB THE HAIR.
- Evenly apply heat protectant to protect the cuticles from the heat. Especially at the ends.
- Blow dry your bangs using a “low” or “cool” setting. We recommend Insert Blowout Here which can speed up the drying process by evenly brushing and drying at the same time.
- After it is fully dried, lightly spray a leave-in conditioner and brush the hair again. Apply a light serum to the hair for a fresh, revived, and soft finish.
Pro Tip: Use high quality products to prolong the life of your Zooey bangs.
Thanks for joining Zooey Bangs 101! You’re now on your way to becoming a bangin’ expert. We want to see your style! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @insertnamehere and use the hashtag #INHBabe to show us your creative looks.