U-Clip Extensions 101: How-To’s, Tips & Tricks
Welcome to another hair crash course! Here’s everything you need to know about our one-of-a-kind INH Hair U-Clip extensions. Let’s get started.
What makes our U-Clip the best?
We use a special vegan fiber from Japan that was created to mimic the look and feel of real hair! Our U-Clip extensions are super quick and easy to apply. And they blend in so seamlessly with your natural hair! You can heat style your U-Clip as you please to fit the occasion. With the proper maintenance, our U-Clip will last a really long time!
The U-Clip is a great option for people with thin/flat hair. We don’t recommend using this hair piece if you have an extremely blunt cut or bob, because it may be difficult to blend. For these hair types, we recommend our 7 Piece Clip-in Remy Hair Extensions.
Every U-Clip order comes with a reusable storage pouch.
How to Apply U-Clip
Extensions may seem intimidating, but they’re actually very easy to apply! Let’s tackle it step-by-step.
- Section your hair - Start with dry, tangle-free hair. Using your fingers or a rattail comb, create a horseshoe-shaped section around the crown of your head. Clip this portion of your hair in a bun away from your face.
- Brush and clip - Before applying, gently brush your U-Clip from tip to root. Place the U-Clip around the horseshoe section (Place it evenly so that the U is centered). Secure all four clips around the top horseshoe, followed by the two on the sides. Finally, clip in the two on the bottom cap. This should literally take less than 20 seconds!
- Part and brush - Undo the bun. Make a middle parting and gently brush your hair down. You can also tease the hair before you lay it over the U-Clip to give it a little more volume. And that’s it! You’re ready to go!
Pro Tip: If you find that the U-clip is too big or too small for the horseshoe-shaped section that you created, you can always redo the first step to create a larger or smaller section.
Ways to Style
There are endless ways to rock your U-Clip. Here are some of our favorites!
Sleek and Straight
U-Clip adds just the right amount of length and volume to your natural hair.
Add some waves to your hair! We recommend using Insert Waves Here to get some luscious mermaid waves.
Pair your U-Clip with some cute clips or pins to truly put together a timeless look. Our favorites are our You Give Me Butterflies butterfly clips!
Create beautiful french braids, fishtails, pigtail braids and more!
Our U-Clips are heat resistant up to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. But remember to always spray heat protectant to keep the integrity of the hair.
We all want to keep our inches looking perfect for as long as possible. Here are some tips and tricks on how to care for your U-Clip:
- Brush before and after each wear.
- Wash your INH hair pieces occasionally or if they’re dirty.
- We don’t recommend frequently washing your hair pieces. Just wash them when you absolutely need to!
- Store using the super cute reusable satin pouch that comes with every purchase! It helps prevent tangles and extends the life of your hair.
Lightly spray detangling spray or leave-in conditioner to smooth out any tangles. Do not hold the U-Clip in one hand and brush from top to bottom. This will cause tension and breakage. Instead, lay the hair flat on a table and gently brush starting at the ends, moving up in sections towards the base. Brush before and after each wear. Store neatly in the provided satin storage bag to prevent tangles when not in use.
Yes, you can wash your U-Clip! Here’s how:
- To start, make sure to brush and detangle your U-Clip.
- Hold the base area with one hand and soak her under cool running water.
- Use a mild or synthetic wig shampoo and lather her with your other hand using circular motions with your fingers throughout the hair until clean. DO NOT RUB or lather into a ball!
- Rinse the shampoo and apply a good amount of some moisturizing conditioner or hair mask. For best results, leave the conditioner or hair mask on for about 5 to 10 minutes. (You can also leave it on overnight!)
- Rinse the hair under cool running water until silky smooth. Lightly detangle any knots with fingers.
- Squeeze excess water, then lay on a dry towel and let it air dry. Do not blow dry!
WARNING: Do NOT blow dry your U-Clip! Doing so may result in damage to your locks (and we hate damaged hair). Air dry your hair for best results.
Pro Tip: Feel free to use your favorite leave-in conditioners with detangling ingredients, detanglers, shine sprays or serums on your U-Clip as you wish. Do not use any oils or heavy creams.
Note: Can you dye your U-Clip? Unfortunately, the answer is no. Since they are made of pre-colored vegan fibers, you cannot dye the fibers with hair color. We offer a variety of colors for you to choose from. But if you don't see your color, feel free to reach out to our development team! We love hearing from our INH Babes!
And that concludes U-Clip 101! You’re now on your way to becoming an extensions expert. We want to see how yoU-Clip! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @insertnamehere and use the hashtag #INHBabe to show us your creative looks.