Welcome, class! Today we’re learning all about our half up half down hair extensions. We’re going to be showing you some easy tips & tricks to wear and maintain our half up half down pieces to make your life a little easier. Class is now in session!
What makes these extensions the best?
We use our proprietary INFINI-FLEX technology for the most realistic hair extensions! Our half up half down extensions blend in seamlessly with your natural hair and are super quick and easy to apply. They're pre-styled, which means that once you apply them, they're ready to go. With the proper maintenance, they'll last a really long time!
Every half up half down extension order comes with two bobby pins and a reusable satin storage pouch.
How to Apply
Pro tip: For all application options, once you remove your half up half down style out of the protective storage bag, we suggest softening the hairstyle by combing her with your fingers or a widetooth comb.
We get that hair pieces can be intimidating, but our half up half down extensions are super fast and easy to apply. Let’s break it down!
1. Start by putting your hair in a half-up ponytail (keep the ponytail clipped out of the way until the last step)
2. With the hair that is still down, section off and apply the shortest weft onto the lower nape area (leaving about 1” of your hair down)
3. Next, move up about 1 inch and section and apply the medium weft
4. Move up another inch, section and apply the longest weft
5. The bottom portion is complete! Feel free to move and adjust slightly as needed to ensure all three wefts are covered. If you want less volume, try only applying two wefts
6. Now time for the ponytail! Apply the ponytail by sticking the comb at the base of the ponytail extension securely into your hair tie & scooping upwards. Wrap the velcro piece tightly and use the included bobby pins to secure the hair wrap, covering your hair tie
Pro tips: Make sure you have a strong, secure hair elastic tie to keep your hair in place! You may even want to use 2 hair ties for an even more secure hold for fine, thin hair. Do not use fabric scrunchies. When ponytails aren’t secure, this is the culprit 99% of the time. You can also slick down your fly-aways with our Quick Slick or Pomade for a sleeker look.
If you have long or thick hair, we suggest braiding down the "half down" part of your style, or putting your hair in a tight high bun (if hair is not long, but blunt and difficult to blend, you can also try this method with a high ponytail).
From the nape, apply your wefts as usual.
Finish the style by wrapping the ponytail extension around your bun.
More Ways to Style:
There are so many ways to love our half up half down extensions. We’ve listed 4 of our favorite half up half down hairstyles, but show us your own personal style by tagging us on Instagram @insertnamehere and using the hashtag #INHBabe.
All of our half up half down extensions are heat resistant up to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep in mind that they are pre-styled, and heat styling them would permanently remove their original texture.
Half Up Half Down Aftercare:
We all want to keep our inches looking perfect for as long as possible. Here are some tips and tricks on how to care for your half up half down extensions:
- Brush before and after each wear with the INH Brush and Emergency Revival Spray
- Wash occasionally or if she’s dirty.
- We don’t recommend frequently washing your hair pieces. Just wash them when you absolutely need to!
- Store using the super cute reusable satin pouch that comes with every half up half down order! It helps prevent tangles and extends the life of your hair. An alternative way to store would be to hang her on our INH Hanger.
Spray Emergency Revival Spray throughout the fibers. Lay your hair flat on a table, and hold the hair in sections to gently brush out any tangles. Starting at the ends, then mid section, and finally, up to the base. If you brush from top to bottom, the fibers can "stretch”, causing tangles and breakage, just like split ends on your real hair. Brush with the INH Brush before and after each wear. Store neatly in the provided storage bag to prevent tangles when not in use.
Yes, you can wash your half up half down extensions! Here’s how:
- To start, brush and detangle your ponytail with the INH Brush and Emergency Revival Spray (save 10% with the Sidekicks bundle!)
- Hold the base area with one hand and soak her under cool running water.
- Use a mild or synthetic wig shampoo and lather her with your other hand using circular motions with your fingers throughout the hair until clean. DO NOT RUB or lather into a ball!
- Rinse the shampoo and apply a good amount of some moisturizing conditioner or hair mask. For best results, leave the conditioner or hair mask on for about 5 to 10 minutes. (You can also leave it on overnight!)
- Rinse the hair under cool running water until silky smooth. Lightly detangle any knots with fingers.
- Squeeze excess water, then lay on a dry towel and let it air dry.
- After she has fully dried, apply Super Shine Serum for a fresh, revived and soft finish.
WARNING: Do NOT blow dry these hair pieces! Doing so may result in damage to your hair pieces (and we hate damaged hair). Air dry your hair for best results.
Note: Can you dye your half up half downs? Unfortunately, the answer is no. Since she is made of pre-colored vegan fibers, you cannot dye the fibers with hair color. We offer a variety of colors for you to choose from. But if you don't see your color, feel free to reach out to our development team! We love hearing from our INH Babes!
And that concludes Half Up Half Down 101! You’re now on your way to becoming an expert. We want to see your style! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @insertnamehere and use the hashtag #INHBabe to show us your creative looks.