Welcome, class! Today we’re learning all about our 100% Remy Human Hair Extensions. We’re going to be showing you some easy tips and tricks to wear and maintain your clip-in extensions to make your life a little easier. This is Extensions 101 and class is now in session!
WHAT MAKES OUR EXTENSIONS THE BEST?
Our extensions are made with 100% Remy Human Hair, which is the highest quality of hair on the market. All of our Remy human hair is ethically sourced. We exclusively work with distributors who have been vetted and verified to operate ethical and sustainable practices. Here are some of the reasons we love Remy human hair:
- Coloring: Remy human hair can be dyed dark if you have a lighter shade of extensions. You can also use color conditioners on your extensions to deposit temporary color pigments. Try Insert Color Here to achieve a bold, semi permanent look!
- Versatility: Curl them, wave them, or straighten them! You can use your favorite hot tools on Remy hair, just as you would on your own natural hair so that you are able to create multiple looks.
- Longevity: They’re investment pieces that are made to last, as long as they’re well taken care of.
Every package comes with 7 wefts, which includes one tester piece so that you can make sure you received your perfect shade! There is one 10”, one 8”, one 6”, two 4”, and two 3” pieces. You’ll also get a reusable satin storage pouch to keep your extensions in good condition.
How to Apply Extensions:
Extensions may seem intimidating, but they’re actually very easy to apply! Let’s tackle it step-by-step.
1. Start with dry, tangle-free hair.
Pro tip: If you want to add curls or waves, we recommend you style your hair first and then style the extensions separately before applying.
2. Starting from the bottom up, section the lower part of your hair in the nape area leaving about 1 to 2” of your hair down. Clip away your unsectioned hair in a top knot. Apply the 6” weft.
Pro tip: If you have fine, silky smooth hair, before applying the weft, use a little bit of hairspray near the sectioned roots, then tease your hair with a fine tooth comb in the areas where the clips will be for a more secure hold. Let the hairspray dry before you clip in your extensions.
3. Repeat step 2 for the 8” from ear to ear and 10” weft from temple to temple with your hair sandwiched in between.
- Now that the back of your hair is filled with volume, it’s time to blend the sides.
- Place the 4” weft each side above your ear or at a comfortable area that you feel blends best
4. Repeat this process with the 3” wefts at sides of the crown
5. Now put your unsectioned top knot hair down, part your hair normally the way you do (center or side), brush your hair to blend the extensions to get a seamless blend. And there you have it!
Ways to Style:
There are endless ways to rock our extensions. Here are some of our favorites!
Sleek and Straight
Our extensions add just the right amount of length and volume to your natural hair.
Wearing your hair in this style will amplify your volume even more, and we LOVE that for you.
Add some waves to your hair! We recommend using Insert Waves Here to get some luscious mermaid waves.
A great way to show off the length of your extensions is by tying your hair in a pony or two for pigtails!
Pair your extensions with some cute clips or pins to truly put together a timeless look.
Create a beautiful french braids, fishtail braids, and more!
Our extensions are heat resistant up to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Use the Safety Kit to extend the life of your hair and protect from heat damage.
We all want to keep our inches looking perfect for as long as possible. Here are some tips and tricks on how to care for your INH Remy human hair extensions:
- Brush before and after each wear.
- Wash your extensions when you feel that there is residue buildup on them.
- We recommend washing them only when needed. Remember, human hair extensions are different from your natural hair. Therefore, they are not able to absorb natural oils from your scalp. So washing them too frequently will remove moisture from the hair strands.
- Store using the super cute reusable satin pouch that comes with every purchase! It helps prevent tangles and extends the life of your hair.
Lay the hair flat on a table and gently brush starting at the ends, moving up in small sections towards the base. Brush with the INH Brush before and after each wear. Store neatly in the provided storage bag to prevent tangles when not in use.
WashingWe recommend using gentle sulfate-free shampoos on your Remy extensions. Always use moisturizing or nourishing conditioners after washing to keep the hair soft and healthy.
- To start, brush and detangle your extensions with the INH Brush
- Hold the weft/clip area in one hand under running lukewarm water until fully soaked.
- Then with your other hand, saturate the wet hair with sulfate-free shampoo. Lather the hair gently up and down including the weft area using soft rolling motions with your fingers for 3 to 4 minutes, or until clean. Be gentle, as you would with your own hair. DO NOT RUB OR BALL UP.
- Rinse the shampoo under running lukewarm water.
- Use a good moisturizing conditioner from top to bottom. Saturate the conditioner by gently brushing the hair with your fingers. Rinse under running lukewarm water.
- Squeeze excess water from top to bottom in sections. DO NOT PULL OR TWIST.
- Lay each weft down on a dry towel. Use a comb to gently brush the hair of each weft piece. Lay flat to air dry. Refrain from using a blow dryer as extensive heat may damage the hair cuticles (just like your own hair!)
- After they have fully dried, brush the hair again and apply Super Shine Serum for a fresh, revived and soft finish.
Pro Tip: We do not recommend using oils on Remy hair as it will weigh down the product and leave excessive residue. It may even cause discoloration. Avoid hair products that contain alcohol as they may dry out the hair.
WARNING: Do NOT blow dry your extensions! Doing so may result in damage to your locks (and we hate damaged hair). Air dry your hair for best results.
Thanks for joining Extensions 101! You’re now on your way to becoming an extensions expert. We want to see your style! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @insertnamehere and use the hashtag #INHBabe to show us your creative looks.