Tired of removing your extensions after a long day, only to find them tangled and matted? Do you hate brushing your hair, in fear of ripping out knots? If you’re over tangled hair and knotted extensions - you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ll show you how to detangle knots and tangled hair without damage.
In this post you'll learn:
- How to detangle synthetic hair vs human hair
- The best products to use to remove knots and tangles
- Step-by-step instructions to detangle hair without causing damage
- How to prevent knots and tangles from forming
How to detangle synthetic hair vs human hair:
The detangling process for both synthetic and human hair is very similar, but there are a few key differences. When you’re removing the tangles in your synthetic hair pieces you’ll want to use a comb or hair brush that is gentle enough to go through the hair without ripping or causing any damage.
Your synthetic hair pieces should be sprayed with a detangler that is specifically formulated to work on synthetic hair. Synthetic detangling spray’s will coat the hair strands, making them softer and easier to detangle. The Emergency Revival Spray was made to work on both synthetic and human hair.
Make things easier when working with hair pieces, by laying them flat, using a mannequin head, or a hair hanger.
The best products to use to remove knots and tangles:
Getting rid of tangles is easy when you come with the right tools. Before attempting to remove any knots - you’ll want these items on hand:
- Detangling hair brush or a a wide toothed comb.
- Conditioner or Super Shine Serum
- Detangling spray - like the Emergency Revival Spray
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Hair mask
Step-by-step instructions to instructions to detangle hair without causing damage:
Start by softening the hair with conditioner or a hair oil to make it easier to loosen the knots.
2. Use A Detangler:
Spritz your tangled hair with a detangling spray and loosen any large knots with your fingers.
Fill a spray bottle with water to lightly mist your hair as you detangle. Not only, will this make removing tangles simple, but it’ll help prevent rips and snags on dry hair.
Divide hair into small sections, and grab a wide toothed comb or detangling hair brush and brush through each section of hair. Begin at the ends and work your way to the roots.
Once you’re tangle-free, you’ll want to stay that way! Prevent future tangles by keeping your hair conditioned with a hair mask.
@inhhair LETS👏REVIVE👏YOUR👏HAIR👏 launching 04/15 ✨ INHbabe @cadijhawilson #inhhair #hairextensions #ponytailextension ♬ original sound - INSERT NAME HERE
How to prevent knots and tangles from forming:
Tangles hair is annoying - luckily there are ways to prevent them from forming. Here are a few ways to stop those knots in their tracks:
- Regularly wash and condition your hair with gentle products.
- Store your hair pieces in a storage bag, mannequin, or on a hair hanger.
- Avoid sleeping in your hair pieces.
- Moisturize the ends of your hair with a conditioner or hair oil to prevent dryness and breakage.
- Get regular trims to avoid split ends.
- Sleep with your hair tied up or in braids.
- Allow hair to air dry or use a microfiber towel to avoid breakage.
- Sleep with a satin pillowcase to keep hair soft and moisturized.
It’s clear keeping your hair conditioned is essential for removing and preventing tangles. Whenever you need your inches detangled, synthetic or human - be sure to use INH’s Emergency Revival Spray. Once you’re tangle-free, show us the results. Tag us @insertnamehere on social!