We all want to keep our inches looking perfect for as long as possible.
Here are some tips and tricks on how to care for your U-Clip:
Wash your INSERT NAME HERE hair pieces occasionally or if they’re dirty.
We don’t recommend washing your hair pieces frequently. Just wash them when you absolutely need to! You can use some dry shampoo to freshen them up between washes if needed.
Store using the super cute reusable pouch that comes with every purchase! It helps prevent tangles and extends the life of your hair.
How to brush U-Clip extensions
- Spray Emergency Revival Spray throughout the fibers.
- Lay your hair flat on a table, and hold the hair in sections to brush out any tangles. Starting at the ends, then mid section, and finally, up to the base. If you brush from top to bottom, the fibers can "stretch”, causing tangles and breakage, just like split ends on your real hair.
- Brush with a wide tooth comb before and after each wear.
- Store neatly in the provided storage bag to prevent tangles when not in use.
How to wash U-Clip extensions
Yes, you can wash your U-Clip! Here’s how:
- Hold the base area with one hand and soak her under cool running water.
- Use a mild or synthetic wig shampoo and lather her with your other hand using circular motions with your fingers throughout the hair until clean. DO NOT RUB or lather into a ball!
- Rinse the shampoo and apply a good amount of some moisturizing conditioner or hair mask. For best results, leave the conditioner or hair mask on for about 5 to 10 minutes. (You can also leave it on overnight!)
- Rinse the hair under cool running water until silky smooth. Lightly detangle any knots with fingers.
- Squeeze excess water, then lay on a dry towel and let it air dry. Do not blow dry!
Alternatively, you can give the U-Clip less shine & a more tousled lived-in look (with extra texture for your natural hair) by adding dry shampoo. Add more dimension and shine to your own strands using the super shine serum.
Can I apply heat to my U-Clip extensions?
Our U-Clip is heat resistant up to 320 degrees Fahrenheit so you can curl or straighten them as you please! Use the Safety Kit to extend the life of your hair and protect from heat damage. Try our best-selling Insert XL Curls Here for long, salon style curls!
With that being said, we do not recommend blow drying your U-Clip! Doing so may result in damage to your locks (and we hate damaged hair). Air dry your hair for best results.
Keep in mind that when you heat style pre-curled or waved hair extensions, the original style will not come back.
Can I dye my U-Clip extensions?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Since they are made of pre-colored vegan fibers, you cannot dye the fibers with hair color. We offer a variety of colors for you to choose from. But if you don't see your color, feel free to reach out to our development team! We love hearing from our INH Babes!
Can I wear my U-Clip extensions every day?
Our INSERT NAME HERE U-Clips are so popular because they are your everyday extensions: the fastest way to add length, volume & density to your hair, anytime. They hold the perfect style & are ready to wear — all day every day.
However, we do not recommend wearing extensions while sleeping, swimming or taking a shower, as it may tangle in with your hair and cause damage to both your hair and your extensions.