Hair 101: How to Care for Your Hair

Hair 101: How to Care for Your Hair

A crash course on how to brush, wash, style and store all your INH faves!

1. DETANGLE & DEFRIZZ ✨

The easiest way to ensure that your locks stay smooth and silky is by brushing them regularly. Just like your real hair, our products may tangle with wear. To properly brush your INH products, we recommend you use the INH Brush. It’s lightweight and easy to use, while its mixed layered bristles guarantee that no strand is missed.

As for brushing technique, you should brush the hair in sections. Lay the product flat on a table and use a detangling spray to help remove and prevent knots and tangles. Next, you’ll want to brush the hair starting roughly about 4 inches from the bottom of the hair. Use gentle, soft downward strokes. Once you’re done, move up 8 inches from the bottom and repeat the process until you’ve slowly made your way to the base. Do not brush from base to ends, as this can cause split ends (and no one likes those!).

2. WASH YOUR TROUBLES AWAY 🚿

Did you know that you can and should wash your INH faves so that they are clean, fresh, and ready to be worn again and again?

Whether it’s 100% Remy Human Hair or our special mixed Japanese synthetic fiber hair, our products need to be occasionally washed to restore their beautiful original looks. You can use either a mild shampoo or one that’s made specifically for wigs or synthetic fiber hair. Our Remy Human Hair products should be washed with a light sulfate-free shampoo. You are also free to use detanglers, leave-in conditioners, or serums on any INH product.

It’s absolutely essential to let your items air dry, as anything else will potentially damage your beautiful locks!

3. HOT TOOLS FOR A COOL LOOK 🔥

If you don’t already know, yes, you can use all your favorite heat tools on our products (except for a blowdryer 一 you’re air drying, remember?).

The heat resistance of each item may vary, so it’s extremely important to check the item’s product page in the “ABOUT” section. Usually the highest temperature recommended for our products is 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep in mind that if the product is pre-styled, meaning it was originally curly, wavy, or shaped in any way that isn’t completely straight, you will lose the look permanently by using a hot tool.

4. STORE IT AWAY FOR ANOTHER DAY ✨

So you’ve brushed and washed your INH faves and you’re wondering what is the best

way to store it to preserve its longevity. Don’t worry, we got you covered.

INH provides all the storage tools you’ll need to keep your faves in tiptop shape.

• PONYTAILS & WIGS: You should store these in the hairnets included in your package, and keep them in the bags they came in
  • HAIR EXTENSIONS: We recommend that you store these in their original plastic packaging.
  • BANGS & CLIP-IN BUNS: These can be stored in their original storage box.

Now that you know all about how to manetain your INH faves, we want to see your hair in action! Tag us in your best INH hair looks on Instagram at @insertnamehere and be sure to join our Facebook group, INH Babes, for a positive community of beauty and hair lovers!

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Trending: Top Halloween Costumes for Best Friends in 2021

Trending: Top Halloween Costumes for Best Friends in 2021

ARTIST FEATURE: @simplesyann

ARTIST FEATURE: @simplesyann

Comments

Jackie 3 days ago

Is it okay to dye the pony? Like change the color if I wanted to?

Summer Stephenson 3 days ago

I am a Fan of your hair & have Several Ponytails that I Love…
    The only thing Missing is a 28 inch Miya..t would be Fantastic if you would come out with that length..
    Keep up the good work..😊💋💃😚🌟✨

Makayla 3 days ago

Can you use toner on the shayla pony tail if the platinum doesn’t match your hair?

Josilyn Houze 3 days ago

I love these ponies! I had the Brit pony in ash blond but now my hair is platinum and I’m waiting for them to get here! I literally look like lady Gaga and especially in the pony tails from her many music videos, keep making amazing things! I’m

Mariann 5 days ago

Just got my mia ponytail and in love with it. Considering the length, its quite lightweight and the material is super soft! Honestly was not expecting this great quality for that price. And it arrived fast, considering i live in Estonia. So thank you!

Jesica 6 days ago

I got two poney tails and I am OBSESSED! I cut my hair super short after having long hair and I am growing it out because I miss it but these piney tails just connect me to my old hair which is my goal. They are also so easy to style and turn into more than just a pony. If you are looking for some new hair extensions I recommend this brand whole heartedly

Jaff Parker 12 days ago

thanks for sharing this informative article. For more info about Custom Hair Extension Boxes

kjkumar 15 days ago

thanks for this info! i should’ve read this prior! my ponytail was getting slightly frayed at the end, which i can see is not from gentle enough brushing and not enough conditioning. thank you <3

Lissette

Thank you so much for providing this info for me! I didn’t even think about the washing of my extensions for proper care, so U saved me time (& probably $) to think of the questions I needed to think about. This is my very 1st time ever buying/using hair extensions! Thanks to u, I know now I need a specific shampoo (u guys should have some on the site for easy access and more sales!) and how to properly store my hair!

Hannah

this is excellent! now I can take care of my pony!

THelma

Love the info! Good to know I can wash my INH hair!

Annalee

Thank you so much! I tried ponytails from other brands and it got all frayed and frizzy because they didn’t tell me how to properly care for it. This helps a lot!

Rosemary Lopez

Can I dye my ponytail wig can I crueled it too ,

Jodie

If the Remy products last 9+ months how long are the Japanese fibre ones meant to last, if worn daily and properly cared for?

Tiffany

Didn’t know i could Wash my pony! how awesome. Thanks for the tips ❤️

Gabrielle

Can I straighten my molly pony?

Rose

Can I go swimming with a Pony in? Or does that ruin the hair?

Miranda Bacchus

I understand how to wash it but how often should I be washing them?

Emma

Hi! Let’s say I wanted to curl or straighten my pony tails that I purchased. Can I style them on my own/apply heat or is that not recommended?

Melissa

I lost the hairnet and bag because I didn’t read into anything or know any better. Any other suggestions on how to store my pony ?

All comments are moderated before being published.