semi permanent hair color
Ships Next Business Day!
Free domestic shipping on orders over $80+ USD
Care Bears x Insert Name Here
Funshine Bear is a playful bear who really knows how to have fun and make everyone laugh. Funshine Bear works hard to make sure others have a good time. “Enjoy each day” is Funshine’s motto, and his belly badge — a smiling sun, shows it!
*Amount will vary according to hair density
|Above Shoulders||1-2 jars|
|Below Chest||3+ jars|
Gather all of your supplies! You will need gloves, a brush applicator (or a set of hands), a bowl for the dye, clips to section your hair, and your least favorite old t-shirt. Be sure to cover any exposed fabrics and surfaces since Insert Color Here can permanently stain them.
1. Start with clean, unconditioned, dry hair. This formula works best on pre-bleached platinum to medium blonde hair. For just an added tint of color, start with dark blonde to light brown hair.
2. Put on your gloves and pour the dye into a bowl.
3. Start by sectioning your hair into 4 sections or more (if you have thick hair we recommend doing more sections to ensure the dye is evenly applied). Secure the sections with clips. Using your brush applicator (or fingers) apply dye evenly from root to ends of each section. Make sure the color is evenly distributed by massaging each section with your fingers.
4. Leave Insert Color Here in your hair for 30 minutes. You do not need to use heat or a cap. If you would like longer-lasting, more intense results, leave the color on for 1 hour. As this is a conditioning product and does not contain any bleach or harsh chemicals, you will not damage your hair by leaving it in for a long period of time. Think of it as a colorful deep conditioning mask!
5. Next, use lukewarm water to rinse the color out of your hair until it feels clean. For our more intense shades, your water may not rinse clear for the first few washes. Only use water when rinsing the dye out - do not use shampoo. Conditioner is optional but not necessary since the formula is already conditioning.
6. Woohoo! You’re done!
We recommend doing a strand test before dyeing your whole head. This will give you a feel for the product and help you decide which color saturation you would like!
Insert Color Here fades gradually with every wash, but the number of washes depends on various factors. Use a clarifying shampoo to fade color faster. Darker colors may take longer to fade.
Insert Color Here is ready to use! Do not mix it with developers, lighteners, or any permanent hair colorant. May temporarily stain skin and permanently stain fabric. Always protect clothing and workspace prior to application and wear gloves. Perform a preliminary patch test, as this product contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation on certain individuals. Use a cotton swab to apply a small amount of product to clean/dry skin, such as on the nape of the neck or near the elbow. Allow patch to dry and leave undisturbed for 24 hours. Monitor area for any signs of redness or irritation; if any irritation occurs, discontinue use. This product is not intended for use anywhere on the face or in the immediate eye area. It must not be used to dye eyelashes or eyebrows, to do so may cause harm to the eyes. Keep out of reach of children.
Insert Color Here fades gradually with every wash, but the number of washes depends on various factors. Use a clarifying shampoo and wash your hair frequently to fade color faster. *Darker hair colors may take longer to fade. For complete removal, consult with your professional hair stylist
While there’s a chance that Insert Color Here might cover your grays, it is not guaranteed. Our conditioning semi permanent hair colors are deposit-only, which means that naturally gray or white strands can sometimes prevent color from depositing.
We recommend using different colors on different strands. You can mix the shades to achieve a different shade but please note we do not recommend mixing darker/deeper shades together!
Tip: We recommend mixing a small batch together and testing to ensure you like the resulting shade.
If you wish to transition to another color, we recommend a slow transition as the color fades out. For faster transitions, we would recommend that the next color you choose be darker than the previous color, to cover any potential fadeout discoloration. For the most vivid effect, wait until your current color completely fades out.
Insert Color Here is a gentle, deposit-only color that does not damage your hair. Our main protein ingredient is extracted from seeds that are also known as Superfoods. If you wish to bleach your hair for a brighter color payoff, we advise you to see a professional, as DIY bleaching may cause damage to your hair.