Selena Bangs 101: How-To’s, Tips & Tricks
So you want bangs, but you’re afraid of commitment? We got you. This is your crash course about everything Selena, our vegan clip-in bangs. Let’s get started!
What makes Selena bangs the best?
We use a special vegan fiber from Japan that was created to mimic the look and feel of real hair! Selena was made to blend in seamlessly with your natural hair and she’s super quick and easy to apply. With the proper maintenance, our hair pieces will last a really long time!
Every Selena comes in a cute reusable storage pouch to keep her safe and dust-free!
How to Apply Selena Bangs
Selena is super quick and easy to apply. Let’s break it down.
1. Style her!
a. Once you receive Selena, style her ASAP. She may be slightly flattened in the package during transit, so you might have to ruffle her up a bit or heat style her to look more natural. Try fluffing lightly with a brush or using your fingers!
Pro Tip: You may trim her to your desired length. We recommend taking her to your stylist to do so!
2. Create a middle part.
a. This is a crucial part of the application process because we need to make sure your hair is evenly distributed and sitting flat against your head.
3. Line her up & secure.
a. Align Selena bangs as you please, and clip her in. Just 1 simple snap secures the clip in place and voila! You’re now officially a bangin’ babe!
Ways to Style
Selena goes with every hairstyle! Here are some of our favorites.
Sleek and Straight
Selena adds just the right amount of face fringe to an everyday sleek,
She’s so retro. Style your bangs away from the center of your face to create a curtain bang effect! This feathery, fringe style is super 70s, and it’s definitely making a comeback!
Pair Selena with a messy bun! We recommend Sammy for the ultimate big bun energy.
Long & Wavy
Selena is heat resistant up to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. But remember to always spray heat protectant to keep the integrity of the hair.
Selena Bangs Aftercare
We all want to keep our inches looking perfect for as long as possible. Here are some tips and tricks on how to care for your Selena bangs:
1. Brush before and after each wear.
2. Wash your bangs occasionally when you feel that there is residue buildup on them.
a. We recommend washing them only when needed. Remember, human hair clip-in bangs are different from your natural hair. Therefore, they are not able to absorb natural oils from your scalp. So washing them too frequently will wash away any moisture left in the hair strands.
3. Store using the super cute reusable box that comes with every purchase! It helps prevent tangles and extends the life of your hair.
Lightly spray detangling spray or leave-in conditioner to smooth out any tangles. Do not hold the bangs in one hand and brush from top to bottom. This will cause tension and breakage. Instead, lay the hair flat on a table and gently brush starting at the ends, moving up in small sections towards the base. Brush before and after each wear. Store neatly in the provided storage pouch to prevent tangles when not in use.
Yes, you can wash your bangs! Here’s how:
1. To start, make sure to brush and detangle your bangs.
2. Hold the clip area with one hand and soak her under cool running water.
3. Use a mild or synthetic wig shampoo and lather her with your other hand using circular motions with your fingers throughout the hair until clean. DO NOT RUB or lather into a ball!
4. Rinse the shampoo and apply a good amount of some moisturizing conditioner or hair mask. For best results, leave the conditioner or hair mask on for about 5 to 10 minutes. (You can also leave it on overnight!)
5. Rinse the hair under cool running water until silky smooth. Lightly detangle any knots with fingers.
6. Squeeze excess water, then lay on a dry towel and let it air dry.
WARNING: Do NOT blow dry your bangs! Doing so may result in damage to your locks (and we hate damaged hair). Air dry your hair for best results.
If you’re in a rush and you must blow dry Selena, please follow these steps to ensure your locks stay fabulous.
1. Wrap the hair with a dry towel, continuously squeeze the hair up and down until there is no water dripping. DO NOT RUB THE HAIR.
2. Evenly apply heat protectant to protect the cuticles from the heat. Especially at the ends.
3. Blow dry your bangs using a “low” or “cool” setting. We recommend Insert Blowout Here which can speed up the drying process by evenly brushing and drying at the same time.
4. After it is fully dried, lightly spray a leave-in conditioner and brush the hair again. Apply a light serum to the hair for a fresh, revived, and soft finish.
Pro Tip: Use high quality products to prolong the life of your Selena bangs.
Thanks for joining Selena Bangs 101! You’re now on your way to becoming a bangin’ expert. We want to see your style! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @insertnamehere and use the hashtag #INHBabe to show us your creative looks.