Whether you are on the West Coast, East Coast, or across the world, most of us have a little extra time on our hands right now. Our team has compiled a list of our favorite books to help you pass the time. Self-care is key to staying sane during these crazy times! When it comes to self-care, that might mean getting in shape or laying on the couch all day long. No matter how you are caring for yourself, we suggest taking even just 10 minutes a day to dive into a book.
Our team all have different reasons for loving to read. Some of us are learning, some are getting lost in a story, and some of us are just filling up our quarantine time. These are the books that stood out to us and some that we will never forget.
Here are some ways to enjoy your book. While it may seem simple, we still have some tips for switching up your book experience. While most of us cannot currently visit a library, you may have access online! Many libraries use Overdrive Media. This app allows you to log in to your local library and check out ebooks and audiobooks all on your phone! If you are anything like me, audiobooks are a game-changer. If you enjoy listening instead of reading, Overdrive Media isn’t your only option. You can also try audible by amazon. While you may not find the specific book, you want YouTube also has many audiobooks you can choose from! Click here to see if your local library uses Overdrive Media.
Let's start with the most captivating! I think Netflix’s abundance of crime shows is proof enough just how much the world loves a good mystery. Plus, during times like these, who doesn’t need a little excitement? From intense thriller to new Disney tales these titles will all be a page-turner
- Where the Crawdads Sing By Delia Owens
- Typhoon Fury By Boyd Morrison and Clive Cussler
- Don't Let Go By Harlan Coben
- End Game By David Baldacci
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven By Mitch Albom
- Good Me Bad Me By Ali Land
- Based on a True Story By Delphine de Vigan
- The Road By Cormac McCarthy (apocalyptic)
- Twisted Tales By Disney series (fun mystery)
Are you and bae in a 6 ft apart relationship right now? These books are the ones for you. These fictional tales will provide you with the suspense, love, and passion you have been missing.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses By Sarah J. Maas (romance, fiction, fantasy)
- Norwegian Wood By Haruki Murakami (fiction, romance)
- Across the universe trilogy By Beth Revis (sci-fi, young adult, romance)
Self-help has been all the rage during this quarantine, but here at INH, we believe there is never a bad time to work on yourself. From business to relationships and all the way your relationship with yourself, these titles will provide you with valuable information.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People By Dale Carnegie
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom By Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life By Mark Manson
- The Five Love Languages By Gary Chapman
- Creative Quest By Questlove
Everything and everyone has a story, and we love to hear them. Personal stories draw us in and create a connection between reader and author. These are the stories that are team connected with the most. Whether you like triumph, tragedy, or romance, these books hold stories that will surely stick with you.
Memoirs and Biographies
- A Moveable Feast By Ernest Hemingway (memoir)
- Just Kids By Patti Smith (memoir)
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead By Sheryl Sanberg (biography)
- Shoe Dog By Phil Knight (biography)
- The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics By Daniel James Brown (biography)
These books will throw you into the past while telling compelling stories. Historical fiction is simply a fictional story set in a different time - this makes these stories the perfect way to escape our reality for just a little while.
- The Book Thief By Markus Zusak
- The Only Woman in the Room By Marie Benedict.
We hope you enjoyed this list of our favorite and that somewhere in it you find your new favorite. While it may not be Paris, tag us on Instagram @insertnamehere rocking your favorite hair piece in your favorite reading spot.