Wigs are the perfect way to try new hairstyles without cutting your hair or attempting to dye it. They may seem intimidating at first but trust us they are anything but! We are going to walk you through step by step instructions on how to perfectly apply a wig so you can rock all your dream looks.
If you are more of a visual learner check out our YouTube tutorial here!
- Start by splitting your hair down the middle - it should look like you are going to do 2 pigtails but you will not use hair ties.
- Cross your pigtails so they make an X on the back of your head
- Twist your pigtail as tight as possible and bring the section up behind your ear and over your head
- Starting at the top of your head, pin the section down using your favorite bobby pins! Alternating the direction of the pins then repeat with the other half of your hair
- Make sure to tuck in and pin any loose pieces
- Once your hair is secured and all loose hair has been pinned you will apply your wig cap! All our wigs come with a wig cap so you are ready to apply as soon as your wig comes.
- Stretch your wig cap until it looks like it is about the width of your forehead, then place the cap on the middle of your forehead then stretch the cap over the rest of your head. Like a swim cap! The cap will sit behind your ears and about ½ inch above your hairline. Make sure to tuck in any flyaways
- Once your wig cap is on and all loose hairs have been tucked and pinner you are ready to apply the wig.
- Hold the wig near the ear area and place the wig on top of your head. Once on, adjust so the wig’s part aligns with your natural part. Then pull gently on the back to make sure the wig is covering your hairline.
- The flatter you can get your hair the more natural your wig will look. If your hair is thick try making your twists a bit looser so they can be pinned flatter
- Our wigs have adjustable velcro in them - adjust this to your head size to make your wig comfortable but also secure
- If you have a lot of flyaways you can add a couple of sprays of water of leave-in conditioner to help tame your hair before sectioning
- Practice! The more you apply a wig the simpler it becomes - you are going to be applying wigs like a pro in no time!
- If you're still nervous check out our wigs with bangs. The bangs create a realistic look and you won't have to worry about your hairline showing at all! Yoyo will give you the most natural look but for a pop of color check out Jenny, Penny and Uma for bangs and color. Just click the name to check out each wig!
Take a peek at our wig page here, and if you are anything like me you will be dying to try all the wigs! Check out some of our favorite wigs being rocked by our beautiful INH Babes!
Check out @darien.jae in Uma
@Makeupbytreenz is rocking Jenny